Hair oils are known for their nourishing and conditioning properties. They have been used for hair growth since ages. I know the market is filled up with a variety of hair oils to fulfill your needs. But, making it at home gives a sense of relief about the purity of ingredients you are using in your hair oil. In this article, we will learn about easy to make home-made hair oil.
- 2 handful of curry leaves.
- 2 handful of hibiscus leaves.
- 5 fresh amla or 100 grams of amla powder.
- 2 spoonful of fenugreek seeds.
- 1.5 liter of water.
- 200 ml of carrier oil (coconut/olive/almond oil). Whatever suits you best.
- Firstly, collect all the hibiscus and curry leaves in a pot. Then add water to it.
- If you are using fresh amla, grate them and then add it to the pot.
- Put this mixture on a low flame and allow it to infuse until it reduces to half of its quantity. Set aside this concoction to cool down.
- Once the mixture has properly cooled down. Strain it using cheesecloth and collect in a bowl.
- Now, put carrier oil in the pan. And then, add hibiscus and curry leaves concoction to it.
- If you are using amla powder to make this hair oil. Put amla powder and fenugreek seeds to the pan.
- Let this mixture to boil until all the water evaporates. Now, you will be left only with the oil infused with the herbs.
- Strain the oil by removing all the herbs from it.
- Massage your scalp with this oil and leave this oil in your hair to work overnight. Then, wash them next morning with a mild shampoo.
Why This Hair Oil Works?
This hair oil is full of essential fatty acids, amino acids, Vitamin C and antioxidants. All of which help in treating all the hair problems and boosts hair growth.