A skincare product proves its efficacy on your skin only if it is made specifically for your skin type. If you don’t know your skin type then you need to read this post. Today, we are going to figure out what kind of skincare products should be appropriate for your skin and also we are going to give you few tips to take care of your skin. Let’s get started:-
- Use foam based cleansers on your skin.
- Oily skin tends to appear dull due to excess sebum or oil on face. Use mild exfoliants on a consistent basis (2 times a week) to gently exfoliate your skin.
- If you have acne-prone skin, use a cleanser/toner with tea tree oil because of its anti-bacterial properties.
- Always use an alcohol-free toner. Alcohol dries out the uppermost layer of skin. You can also use a toner made from natural ingredients.
- Use oil-free/gel-based moisturizer on your face.
- Using a clay-based mask on your skin. It absorbs excess oil from your face giving you a glowing look.
- Using benzoyl peroxide creme(with 2-5% strength) on acne spot kills acne-causing bacteria.
- Use mattifying/gel-based sunscreen after applying moisturizer on your face.
- Use gel-based/sulphate free cleansers on your skin.
- Using a humidifier will keep your skin soft and supple.
- Dry skin does not have enlarged pores. So the people with this skin type don’t need to use a toner.
- Mild/gentle exfoliation is required to remove dead or flaky skin from your face (once a week).
- To lock moisture into your skin, use an oil-based/emulsion-based moisturizer/moisturizing lotion on your face.
- Never use a clay-based moisturizer on your skin.
- Using an antioxidant serum before application of a moisturizer on your face will give your skin extra moisture.
- Use a lotion based moisturizer after applying moisturizer on your face.
- Apply an oil-free/gel-based moisturizer on your T-zone and a moisturizing lotion on your cheeks.
- Use a clay-based mask on your T-zone to avoid excess shine and a moisturizing face mask on your cheeks.
- Apply emulsion based moisturizer/a moisturizing lotion combined with an antioxidant serum on dry areas.
- Use a toner made from natural ingredients as it has less irritating ingredients for e.g. a rose water toner or a cucumber toner.
- Use gentle exfoliator on your face once a week.
- Use benzoyl peroxide creme(with 2-5% strength) on acne spots to kill acne-causing bacteria.
- You can use skincare products made for oily skin on your T-zone and skincare products for dry skin on dry areas of your face.
- Use either mattifying or lotion based sunscreen according to your skin.
- You can use a gel-based cleanser in winters and a foam-based cleanser in summers.
- Use either a hydrating toner or a toner with natural extracts.
- Mild exfoliation is must once a week.
- Use a hydrating lotion for your face.
- Face masks should neither be extremely drying nor be extra moisturizing for this skin type.
- Use an antioxidant serum or a hydrating face mist before applying moisturizer on your face.
- Use a sunscreen lotion according to the season.
Few tips to take proper care of skin:
- Always wash your face either with normal or lukewarm water. Hot water tends to open pores making them more prone to breakouts.
- Eat lots of veggies and fruits to replenish radiant glow of your skin from inside.
- Don’t touch your face more often. Hands contain a maximum amount of germs and bacteria as we touch and operate a lot of things during a day. Touching face with bare hands transfers all that bacteria onto our face and hence causes acne to pop out.
- Don’t wash your face more than 2-3 times a day.