Sunscreen is highly recommended to be applied on a daily basis by dermatologists. However, many people get stuck with the wrong one because of the lack of basic information.
There are a lot of options available in the market to delight you but it is very difficult to choose from all those available options. Since every sunscreen has a different texture and different formulae.
Read the following blog post on different types of sunscreen and pick the best deal for your skin type.
Gel Based Sunscreens
Sunscreens made using gel based formulae get absorbed into our skin immediately. Hence, makes it a great option for oily and acne prone skin. It also works well in summers and humid weather.
Creme Based Sunscreens
The creme-based formula is made to moisturise and protect our face from harmful UV rays. Such sunscreens are super comfortable for the dry and sensitive skin.
Sunscreen lotions have a little bit of runny consistency which makes them a suitable option for normal skin type. They serve our skin well in autumn & spring season.
Such a product is packed in a can with a spritzer to evenly spray sunscreen all over the face and body. These are great for super-oily skin and humid, rainy weather.
Few tips when buying a sunscreen:
- If you are a sports person, look for a waterproof or water-resistant sun protection. Reapplying the product after every 2 hours is mandatory for such an active person.
- Chemical sunscreens with ingredients like avobenzone & oxybenzone are great for acne-prone skin.
- People with oily skin must look for non-comedogenic & mineral oil-free sunscreens.
- Mattifying sunscreens are also great for oily skin because they keep sebum and sweat at a bay for few hours.
- Dry and sensitive skin people should look for ingredients like glycerin and aloe vera for extra hydration.
- People having extra sensitive skin must use mineral sunscreens.