Lemon is that one-ingredient for which everyone swears by to heal all kind of skin issues. It may be acne scars, dark spots, tan removal; lemon can treat all the skin problems very well.
The versatile uses of lemon are simply amazing to cater all the beauty needs. It is rich in alpha hydroxy acids, limonene, citric acid, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Phosphorus and also used as an extract in skin brightening creams all over the world.
For that reason, I want to show you how you can create an amazing skincare product with lemons. Below, you will find a step-by-step guide to make lemon essential oil at home to serve all your beauty needs.
Also read, how to make rose oil at home.
- 1 large-sized or 2 small lemons.
- 50 ml of carrier oil (almond/coconut/olive).
- At first, wash your lemons and dry them properly.
- Cut thin peels of lemon using a vegetable peeler, leaving the white part of the skin.
- We will use the double-boiling method to make this oil. Because placing these carrier oils on high flame will reduce the micro-nutrients from the oil.
- For this method, place a pot on gas stove half-filled with water.
- Allow water to heat up and then place a small bowl upside down in the pot.
- Now, put all the lemon peels and carrier oil of your choice in a large bowl. And place this bowl above the small bowl in a way that the water level touches the base of the large bowl.
- Allow the mixture to infuse for at least 20 minutes. Then, turn off the heat and keep this mixture aside to cool down.
- Once properly cooled down, pour it into a clean container.
How to use this oil:
You can add this lemon essential oil to your facial moisturizer, face pack, serum and facial cleanser to get all the benefits of this oil. But, make sure you are not going in direct sunlight after applying it on your skin because lemon essential oil is photosensitive in nature and it will make your skin red in direct sunlight.