DIY Rose Oil: Recipe To Make It At Home
Everyone gets crazy for roses because of its undoubtedly pleasant fragrance. But, whenever used topically it also provides ultimate benefits to our skin.
I like to use roses in my beauty regime through multiple ways. Today, I want to share an amazing DIY recipe to make rose oil at home. It helps to keep my skin healthy, clear, flawless and reverses the ageing process. Let’s get started.
- 50 ml of coconut oil
- 1 cup of dried rose petals.
- 2 tsp of Vitamin E oil or 5 Vitamin E capsules.
Things you will need:
- A big jar for preparation.
- A small glass or plastic bottle to store prepared mixture.
- Pluck 15-20 organic roses from your garden and dry them in shade. If you dry rose petals in direct sunlight, it will burn them. The procedure of drying rose petals will take 4-5 days.
- After the rose petals are completely dried. Crush them with your hands or with the help of a blender.
- Put 1 cup of dried rose petals in a jar of 200 ml.
- Then add coconut oil into the jar. I used coconut oil as a carrier oil because it gets easily absorbed by the skin.
- Make sure that the jar is filled 3/4th with roses and 1/4th with coconut oil. You can increase or decrease the amount but keep the ratio same.
- Leave the jar in direct sunlight during daytime and at a cold, dark place during night-time. And mix the ingredients of the jar at least 2 times a day.
- Repeat this simple procedure up to 2 weeks at a minimum and up to 4 weeks at a maximum (if you want to intensify this oil).
- When the oil is ready, strain it by discarding the roses. But don’t throw them. You can use the discarded roses in your homemade face packs.
- Add Vitamin E oil to the prepared oil. Vitamin E oil will help your skin to slow down the ageing process.
- The prepared rose oil will be deep red in colour. I kept the mixture for 4 weeks to intensify it.
How to use rose oil:
- For normal to dry skin – Use the required amount of rose oil at night-time all over your face & neck.
- For oily to combination skin – Whenever you apply moisturiser at night-time, mix 3-4 drops of rose oil into it and apply it onto your face and neck.