If you want to age gracefully, having a good skincare regime is a must. A skincare regime means following a strict schedule to take care of each part of your body.
We usually include our face, neck, hands and the rest of our body in our skincare regime and overlook the under-eye area. The area around our eye experiences sagginess, dark circles and fine lines because of this neglection.
There are a lot of options available at the drugstore in the form of creams and serums to combat this issue. But, all of them contain fillers and preservatives which I am not comfortable to use around the most gentle area.
I am glad to share my 3-ingredient recipe to help you with the issue. I had dark circles around my eyes but they were not much visible from a distance. As soon as I noticed my eyes being racoon-like, I started using this cream and saw a visible difference within a month.
I am using this cream since then, to keep my eyes away from showing any signs of premature ageing.
1 teaspoon each of extra virgin coconut oil, olive oil and sweet almond oil.
Instructions to make:
- Heat up extra virgin coconut oil in the microwave at medium temperature (if the oil is hard at room temperature). Extra virgin coconut oil is the purest form of coconut oil.
- Make sure not to overheat or boil it. Allow it to cool for some time.
- Mix it up with olive oil and sweet almond oil.
- Pour the mixture into an old container to preserve this cream for a longer time.
- Refrigerate the mixture to have cream like consistency.
- This batch of cream will last you more than a month even after regular usage.
Directions to use:
Wash your face with a mild cleanser. Gently pat dry. Lightly dab your ring finger in the container to get the required amount (this much amount is adequate for both of your eyes). Now firmly apply this cream around your under-eye area by gently massaging using your ring finger.
Best time to use this cream:
Our body regenerate cells at night. That is why night-time is the best time to use any skincare product. Also, our face doesn’t have to fight with any kind of dust, pollution particles and sun’s harmful rays at night.
- Coconut oil, olive oil and sweet almond oil, all these ingredients are rich in Vitamin E to cure premature ageing around eyes.
- All these ingredients are rich in antioxidants which help in fading under-eye dark circles.
- The cream moisturises under-eye area to vanish the visible appearance of fine lines.
- It is also packed with other essential vitamins to nourish under-eye area at the same time.
- It helps in boosting collagen around your eyes.
- Always use your ring finger to apply any makeup or skin care product around your eyes. Ring finger imposes very less pressure on our under-eye area in comparison with rest of the fingers.
- Usage of a facewash or any cleanser around your eyes is a big no-no. Facewash and cleansers deplete the layer of natural oil around our eyes making it dry and more prone to wrinkles and fine lines.
- Invest your money in a good quality eye makeup remover for your eye makeup. Dab a little amount of eye makeup remover on a cotton pad. Put this cotton pad on your eyelid for a minute. Make sure that your eyelid is completely covered with this cotton pad. Gently swipe the pad off your eye.
- You can also use this eye cream for removing your eye makeup. Gently apply this cream on your eye and massage with your ring finger. Massaging breaks out your mascara and eyeliner off the eye. Put a cotton pad on your eyelid soaked in lukewarm water and gently wipe the pad off your eye.